How to Become a Member
A) Annual Fee $25 (for organizations with operating budget of $150,000.00 or less)
B) Annual Fee $50 (for organizations with operating budget of more than $150,000.00)
Please be advised that the membership year is January to December.
The Regional Diversity Roundtable Membership (RDR) is organizational, and is comprised of representatives who have as part of their organizational portfolio a “Diversity” initiative or program, or who are directly involved in a currently existing diversity initiative within their organizations/institutions and/or are interested in introducing a diversity initiative in their work place.
Members must be from the not-for-profit human service sector or the public sector. Members must be committed to the vision, values and mission of the RDR.
Each member organization is entitled to nominate a maximum of two members, which includes one vote and one membership fee with the member organization defining the voting member.
Members must deliver programs and services in the Region of Peel or be geographically located in the Region of Peel. The Region of Peel is defined as Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
Members must strive to build a community of trust that maintains the values of inclusiveness.
Interest in joining the RDR speaks to a commitment to diversity and equity. Members are encouraged to participate on working groups and/or ad hoc committees. Membership to these groups and committees is subject to their terms of reference.
RDR members provide direction on the RDR deliverables and make decisions on behalf of the RDR. Members may also form part of a subcommittee or working group. Members are committed to the vision, values and mission of the RDR.
• Members are expected to maintain an atmosphere of respectful discussion and professionalism.
• Members are accountable to the values and vision of the RDR in addition to their organizations/institutions.
• Members are expected to contribute their expertise and individual experiences actively to further the goals of the RDR.
• Members are responsible for bringing forward issues and information regarding access and diversity to the RDR.
• Members are expected to respect the confidentiality of all matters brought to the RDR.
• Members shall declare any situation that is or has the potential to be a conflict of interest, specifically where there is a potential to receive a direct or indirect personal and/or organizational gain, benefit, advantage or privilege as a result of an action by the RDR.
Responsibilities and Benefits
• One vote per member organization
• Attends monthly meetings of the RDR
• Hosts at least one (1) meeting per cycle if possible and provides refreshments
• Shares RDR information with the other networks in the sector and/or community at large
• Shares resources with the RDR
• Participates in a committee and/or working group as necessary
• Commits to supporting the development of the RDR and participates in the Online Community of Practice
• Supports RDR events and initiatives
• Must complete the RDR Annual Membership requirement and have the approval of the organizational leader
• Members are expected to attend meetings regularly and fully participate in good faith
• Regular attendance is defined as attending a minimum of 7 meetings annually. Members honouring this expectation ensure the strength of the network.
Granting of Membership
Membership to the Regional Diversity Roundtable is granted by current RDR members during a monthly roundtable meeting. The Coordinator is responsible for explaining the rights and responsibilities of membership, as well as the membership procedures to any interested parties.
Once an organization expresses interest in membership, the following procedures are to be followed:
1. Interest is indicated by contacting the RDR staff
2. Potential member submits the Annual Membership Application form to the RDR staff
3. RDR staff presents the completed form to the Board of Directors and RDR membership
4. Board of Directors approves the application
5. RDR staff communicates with applicant when membership is granted and asks the organization to send a cheque to pay for membership fees
If you have queries about membership and the membership process please contact the RDR Coordinator at email@example.com or 905-232-7371
|RDR Membership Application Package 2017_FEB2017.pdf||259.08 KB|
|RDR Membership Outreach Package_FEB2017.pdf||179.67 KB|